Board Diversity Report Sources
Check out the Greater Milwaukee Committee/Milwaukee Women inc Board Diversity Report here.
- Ernst & Young: Women on boards: global approaches to advancing diversity
- Ernst & Young: Getting on board
1. The WI 50 represents Wisconsin’s 50 largest public companies based on total revenues as reported in The Milwaukee Business Journal’s annual Book of Lists (September 2013).
2. Catalyst, “Why Diversity Matters,” Catalyst Information Center, July 2013, http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/why-diversity-matters
3. ManpowerGroup, “Cracking the Case,” PowerPoint, 2014. http://www.manpowergroup.com
4. “Examining the Cracks in the Ceiling: A Survey of Corporate Diversity Practices of the S&P 100,” Calvert Investments (March 2013), http://www.calvert.com/nrc/literature/documents/BR10063.pdf; and “Is There a Payoff from Top-Team Diversity: Between 2008 and 2010, Companies with More Diverse Top Teams were also Top Financial Performers,” Thomas Barta, Markus Kleiner, and Tilo Neumann, McKinsey Quarterly (April 2012) (as cited in Aguilar, Luis, see below).
5. Aguilar, Luis, “Inclusion is a Strength: Corporate America and the SEC Should Reflect America,” Public Statement, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, 3/31/13. http://www.sec.gov/News/PublicStmt/Detail/PublicStmt/1365171515498#.U4SbDijjVad
6. White, Martha C, “Top boardrooms: No-go areas for women, minorities,” NBCNews/Business News (Online), 8/16/13. http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/top-boardrooms-no-go-areas-women-minorities-f6C10936005
7. For additional research and trends on women on Wisconsin Top 50 boards, see http://www.milwaukeewomeninc.org/research.html
8. Alliance for Board Diversity, “Missing Pieces: Women and Minorities on Fortune 500 Boards (2012 Alliance for Board Diversity Census), 8/15/2013. http://theabd.org/Reports.html
9. Frey, William H. Frey, “The New Metro Minority Map: Regional Shifts in Hispanics, Asians, and Blacks from Census 2010,” Paper, The Brookings Institute, 8/31/11. http://www.brookings.edu/research/papers/2011/08/31-census-race-frey
10. Ross, Janell, “Corporate Boards Getting Whiter While American Is Not,” Huffington Post, 5/3/11 and updated 8/9/11. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/corporate-boards-getting-_n_856650.html
11. Alliance for Board Diversity, “Missing Pieces: Women and Minorities on Fortune 500 Boards (2010 Alliance for Board Diversity Census), pg. 1, revised 7/21/11. http://theabd.org/Reports.html
12. U.S. Census Bureau, American Community Survey, 2010 Census Summary File 2, QT-P1-Geography-Wisconsin Population (series by race/ethnicity), Age Groups and Sex: 2010.